Monday, October 25, 2010

My first IVF injection

...was this morning!  It went much better than I thought.  The first injection that I have to take in this process is Lupron.  Lupron is a drug that is for the very beginning stages of IVF and is an ovary suppressant.  Basically it prevents my ovary from going into ovulation until we are ready.  We have a window of 3 hours that we have to take Lupron in the morning, so I picked 7am, and Roger woke up with me and he gave me the first injection.  I will have him do most of my injections unless he has to be at work sooner than 7am.  I have two great friends close by that are nurses and will probably have them assist me with the big guns of injections (those intramuscular injections I mentioned in the previous post) so Thank God they are here to help!  I still have quite a few weeks until I begin taking those though...phew!  The Lupron injection wasn't bad at all, I could hardly feel the needle.  What I did notice though was afterward I had a small red bump where the injection site was, it was a little itchy and raised.  I was a little scared that I was having an allergic reaction so I called my RE's office (reproductive endocrinologist/IVF doctor) and asked them about it.  They gave me some things to watch for (which none of them happened) and that it went away within 15 min. they said it might have been a little reaction my body had to the drug, but nothing bad.  I continue as normal and keep an eye one it.  We'll see tomorrow!  Hopefully it was just a first time thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment